It was established that kidney donation does not have a significant effect on the donor’s health, metabolism, biochemical parameters of blood and the functions of organs and systems of his body. In addition to studying general health indicators of donors, the following were investigated:
- the efficiency of renal tissue, including the functioning of the nephron (a structural unit of kidney tissue);
- biochemical parameters of blood;
- change in the composition of urine (in particular, the presence of protein in the urine);
- fluctuations in blood pressure, and other indicators
- Did you know what does a kidney stone look like in life with one kidney.