How many kidneys?
- Nearly everyone has two kidneys.
- They are the size of one’s fist
- Kidneys are inside your body
- Kidneys are very important organs
- They are situated in the lower back, one on each side of the spine
What is the kidney’s job?
- The kidneys are very busy organs
- You can call them washing machines, cleaning your blood.
- Your kidneys filter your blood and cleans out all the dirt or waste in the bloodstream.
- The kidneys send all waste products into your bladder changed into urine
- Kidneys are team-workers.
- Other important organs which are team-workers too are your lungs, heart, stomach, muscles and brain
How does it feel to have kidney disease?
- When your kidneys are sick, you can feel some different things
- Your hands and feet can be swollen
- Your eyes can look puffy
- Food can taste weird
- You don’t feel hungry
- Going to the bathroom can cause a burning feeling
- During the night you may wake up to visit the bathroom, many times
- Many times you are feeling very tired
- You may feel pain in the lower back near your kidneys
- Sometimes you may see some blood in your pee
- Your lower back can ache near your kidney-area
Why do kidneys not work well in some people?
- If you make good and healthy choices it can help that your body not to get sick.
- Sometimes people get sick even when they made good choices
- We can have diseases which our parents passed on to us
- Accidents can hurt or make you body sick too
- When your kidneys hurt, it happens and it is not your mistake
To take good care of your body is the best. It can help you staying as healthy as you can, even if you are sick
Click here for what does a kidney stone look like?